Proposals and Government Legislations
REGISTRATION AND EXPORT POLICY.
The IHSI has submitted a proposal to the Minister of Agriculture on the Registration of horses and export policy of the Government of India.
Due to diverse views of various societies and the issue of control, after due consideration the IHSI has suggested that a centralised Authority for the registration of Indigenous horses with separate books breedwise be created by the Ministry and that the office remains in Delhi.
All Breed and other societies work in their respective areas and collect data and act as an forwarding agency to the central authority and ensure breed standards are maintained.
This will facilitate easy access to all breeders from all over the country and a central single window agency for foreign buyers.
The proposal is as under, we would welcome suggestions if any to this from all concerned.
INDIGENOUS HORSE STUD BOOK AUTHORITY OF INDIA
(Set up and recognised by the Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. Of India)
- Chairperson of the Indigenous Horse Stud Book Authority of India (IHSBA) will be anyone from the Ex-Office members.
- Registrar cum Keeper of the Authority will be a paid employee.
- Office of the Authority will be in Delhi. Space to be allotted by Ministry of Agriculture.
- IHSBA will maintain separate stud books for each Indigenous breeds.
- Membership to the Authority should be open to a registered Society with the standing of 3 years with a good track record.
- A membership fees per annum or for life membership should be specified.
- Each member Society will be authorised to send 2 representative for a meeting
- Each Society continues to register its respective breeds in their jurisdictions.
- Registrations of True to breed specimens to be sent for entry to the IHSBA.
- Passports of horses to be exported will be issued by the Authority.
- Fees for registration and passport are to be specified.
- Authority to discuss and fix parameters and conditions for export.
- Meeting of the Authority to be convened every 3 months.
ANIMAL WELFARE ACT 2011.
The Government of India has recently put forward the new draft for
Animal Welfare Act 2011. Your suggestions may be sent to the IHSI
to be forwarded to the Government.
Please click on the site below to see the draft policy.
ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTS IN INDIA: